Are you taking too many supplements? Not enough? Nutritional status is a vital foundation of health and performance.
You may be deficient in some vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and/or other essential micronutrients and not even not even know it.
University research has shown that 50% of people taking multivitamins are still nutritionally deficient.
It is important to know your nutrient status, because it has been shown that vitamin, mineral and antioxidant deficiencies can contribute to degenerative processes such as arthritis, cancer, cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
Dr. Lee offers the MicroNutrient Test tests for 32 vitamins and minerals:
||Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Biotin, Folate, Pantothenate
||Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, Copper AMINO ACIDS Asparagine, Glutamine, Serine.
||Alpha Lipoic Acid, Coenzyme Q10, Cysteine, Glutathione, Selenium, Vitamin E, SPECTOX™ for total antioxidant function.
||Chromium, Fructose Sensitivity, Glucose-Insulin, Metabolism.
||Choline, Inositol, Carnitine.
The MicroNutrient Test measures your body’s ability to absorb 32 vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other essential nutrients within your white blood cells. This non-fasting blood test tells you if you have a vitamin deficiency and gives you a plan for how to correct it.
More importantly, the results information can help you reduce the risk of illness and disease related to such deficiencies.
Did you know that about 50% of people taking multivitamins are STILL deficient?
The MicroNutrient Test can tell you which supplement to focus on – thereby eliminating your deficiency and any unnecessary spending on costly supplements.
You also need it because scientific evidence confirms that vitamin deficiencies are associated with disease processes and the overall conditions of your health. The MicroNutrient Test is the only test that takes a nutritional assessment and creates a plan to correct any deficiency negatively influencing customer’s health. Vitamin, mineral and antioxidant deficiencies have been shown to suppress immune function and contribute to chronic degenerative processes such as arthritis, cancer, Alzheimer’s, cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
Micronutrient Test is More Advanced Than other Laboratory Tests
Before the introduction of the Micronutrient Test, many diagnosis and risk assessments were based on clinical observation and measurements of static levels of certain nutrients in serum. Static serum levels are not always representative indicators for assessing cell metabolism and utilization.
MicroNutrient Test offers a unique means to scientifically assess the intracellular requirements of micronutrients that play an important role in overall health and wellness. Micronutrient test measure the biochemical function of vitamins, minerals, amino acids and antioxidants, providing a powerful clinical assessment tool. Our panels are designed to provide you with the most comprehensive nutritional analysis available.
What if I am deficient?
As the only lab that can offer a truly functional intracellular testing (Micronutrient Test), we also provide you with targeted nutrient repletion recommendations for those vitamins and minerals found to be deficient.
Why Nutritional Testing is Important?
1. Nutrient deficiencies are common, in fact 90% of people are deficient and 50% of those are already taking supplements
2. Vitamin deficiencies contribute to common degenerative disease like heart disease, stroke, cancer and Alzheimer’s.
3. Many prescription medications can cause nutrient depletions.
4. Having a strong antioxidant defense system protects you against heart disease, cancer and other chronic conditions.
5. There can be too much of a “good thing” — too many antioxidants can be harmful. The only way to know what you need is to be tested.
6. Simply taking a multivitamin may not be enough to meet your nutritional needs.
7. You might be over supplementing with unnecessary vitamins, minerals or antioxidants. Too much can be harmful.
8. Aging can be caused by a lack of nutrients.
9. Heaving healthy cells promotes strong immune function and optimal health for a lifetime
If you have any questions regarding to micronutrient testing, please contact Dr. Lee at 206-319-5322 or visit Seattle Naturopathic and Acupuncture Center